I am delighted to announce that after about a year working on seven books I am resurfacing with a new website and blog.
I’ve spent much of the last time finding out and writing about craft distilleries across the world, and with my Wizards of Whisky Awards entering their eighth year I’ve decided it’s time to get back to what I like doing best - writing about new and exciting distilleries and the whiskies they are making.
That on its own would be boring, though, and far too serious. So a you might expect with me, I’m going to address not just the elephants in the room, but the hippos and rhinos too. And in addition to writing about the best of the new distillers and their whiskies , I’m going to write about whatever takes my fancy - which probably be a lot of music, sport, food and travel. We shall see.
The new website is at www.wizardsofwhisky.com and it is already live, though about the only stuff up there at the moment are the results of the 2018 Wizards of Whisky Awards and this letter. But from any time soon expect to find:
* A news page: This will carry world craft distilling news, but particularly news from Wizards of Whisky Awards. Please send me any news on new bottlings, distillery plans, other awards you have won…well anything really. I may well email you additional questions to make the news on the site a bit different
* A blog site: I will use this for three types of blogs:
- Still Crazy (SC) - blogs about all things craft distilling
- Dom’s Blog (DB) - blogs about everything else including a series called Drinking for A Living, which will feature of true encounter and funny anecdotes from my time as a reporter, music writer and spirits reporter.. All views are my own blah blah
- What I Liked (WIL) - Sport, music, films, bars, pubs, food, other bloggers etc etc. Fun stuff basically
Please like the site, retweet my tweets, and send me material for publication.